You need the best defense. We have helped thousands of people get their criminal charges dismissed or reduced.
Misdemeanor and felony charges in Indiana range from domestic battery to homicide, from drug crimes to weapons charges. Regardless of the level, any criminal allegation is serious. The penalties are long-lasting and can affect your freedom, relationships, finances, career, and future. They can also leave you with a social stigma that others may have trouble looking past, making judgments about your character and qualifications for certain opportunities. To seek to avoid or minimize these life-altering consequences, you must fight your charge. But taking on your case alone could be risky, as the nuances of criminal law make navigating these matters challenging. A more effective course of action would be to hire a lawyer to assist through every stage of your case.
At the Law Office of B.D. Williams, we handle all types of criminal matters. Our defense attorney in Madison County is backed by over 20 years of experience. Additionally, because we primarily practice criminal defense, we have an in-depth understanding of the rules, laws, and processes involved in these matters. We expend our knowledge, talents, and resources to pursue just outcomes for our clients. When you turn to us, you can rest assured knowing that your case is in the capable hands of a lawyer who will do what it takes to challenge the accusations against you.
We offer a free consultation to discuss your case. Please contact our criminal lawyer in Madison County by calling (317) 458-9911 or submitting an online contact form today.
Legal Counsel for Criminal Matters
In Madison County, you can be accused of various types of criminal conduct. Combatting the allegations requires building a tailored defense that accounts for the intricacies of the particular charge while also considering legal precedent and your unique circumstances.
At the Law Office of B.D. Williams, we provide personalized representation for an array of offenses, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Domestic battery: Harming or threatening to harm a person with whom the defendant is in a close relationship.
- Drug crimes: Possessing, delivering/distributing, dispensing, manufacturing, or trafficking a controlled substance.
- Habitual traffic violator: Committing a certain number of traffic violations within 10 years.
- OWI: Operating a vehicle with a BAC of 0.08% or more, any amount of a controlled substance in the system, or while normal faculties are impaired by a drug and/or alcohol.
- Probation violation: Violating court-ordered terms and conditions.
- Reckless driving: Operating a vehicle with an unconscious disregard for the safety of others.
- Sex crimes: Committing sexual abuse, rape, a child pornography offense, or other sexual acts that are sexual.
- Theft: Unlawfully taking someone else’s property without consent, by receiving permission through deceit, or by force.
- Weapons charges: Unlawful possession due to not possessing a firearm license, being prohibited under law, being convicted of domestic battery, or being designated a dangerous person.
The list above is not an exhaustive list of our practice areas. We invite you to reach out to us to learn more about how we can help fight your charge.
The Criminal Courts in Madison County
Madison County was named after James Madison, the fourth United States President. Its county seat is Anderson, about 40 miles northeast of Indianapolis.
Generally, a misdemeanor or felony case will be handled by one of the Madison County Courts located in Anderson.
The general courthouse address is:
16 E. Ninth Street
Anderson, IN 46016
The room and phone numbers for the different courts are as follows:
- Circuit Court #1:
- Circuit Court #2:
- Circuit Court #3:
- Circuit Court #4:
- Circuit Court #5:
- Circuit Court #6:
Madison County also has a few city and town courts that handle misdemeanor and traffic violations.
Anderson City Court is located at:
PO Box 2100
Anderson, IN 46018
Elwood City Court is located at:
1505 South B Street
Elwood, IN 46036
Pendleton Town Court is located at:
PO Box 396
Pendleton, IN 46064
Couldn't ask for more!
“This guy is amazing and super friendly really takes the time to get to know you an is very thorough in explaining all the details.”Will J.
He genuinely cares
“He represents Justice and will do everything in his power to address the task at hand! He genuinely cares about your wellbeing and is there for you regardless the situation!”Austin M.
Words can’t even express the gratitude.
“He took the time to get to know my son and build a bond with him and myself and because of him and his dedication my son is now in work release and on his way home.”Tiffany E.
- Your Initial Consultation Is Free & We're Available 24/7
- More Than 20 Years Of Legal Experience
- Aggressive Defense of Our Client's Rights