What if I can’t afford a criminal defense lawyer?
Criminal defendants have the right to a public defender, a state-designated and no-cost lawyer. These pro bono lawyers typically have heavy caseloads. Sadly, they can only give each case so much time—often less than what it needs.
Fortunately, there are private lawyers who take care to offer affordable, cost-effective legal aid—like ours at Law Office of B.D. Williams. We are proud to handle each case quickly and efficiently, wasting no time but also giving your case the time it needs and deserves.
When do you need a criminal lawyer?
Most legal professionals recommend getting a criminal lawyer for any type of criminal case, even for a minor charge. This is because even a minor charge may lead to a permanent criminal record, fines, jail time, strained relationships, and stigma for years to come.
The more severe the charge, the more important it is that you get a lawyer to protect your rights.
Why hire a criminal defense attorney?
Having an attorney gives you a better shot at getting your case dismissed or charges dropped.
The truth is that the deck is almost always stacked against the defendant in a criminal case. Police officers and prosecutors have the advantage. Not only is it their job, but they have already gone through this process countless times.
If you’ve been charged with a crime, you need someone whose job it is to protect you. That’s exactly what we do at Law Office of B.D. Williams. Let’s even out the playing field. We will do whatever we can to get the best results for you, your future, and your family.
Precedence, Innovation, Core Values & Passion
At the Law Office of B.D. Williams, we use cutting-edge technology and virtual resources to optimize efficiency and deliver high-quality representation in the most cost-effective manner possible. We are proud to say we are an African American-owned law firm that remains mindful of precedent while keeping an eye on the future.
Our Indianapolis lawyer only practices criminal defense, giving our firm a laser focus in this field. This translates to extensive knowledge and insight into how the law will apply to your case, how the criminal court system operates, and how to fully prepare and build your defense.
To get your free consultation, call (317) 458-9911 today! We’re available 24/7.
What to Expect During Your Criminal Case
At our Indiana criminal defense firm, our goal is to customize our unique service to fit the needs of individual clients. This is done by using precedent to guide analysis in a growing and ever-evolving legal landscape. Throughout all stages of the legal process, we are driven to help you get the best possible result based on the individual facts and circumstances of your case.
We know that arrests and charges are very intimidating and unsettling experiences. You and your loved ones likely have many real and serious concerns. Our firm is here to provide you with the answers you need. Whether you are facing a first arrest or have a lengthy criminal past, your rights matter. We are here to protect those rights throughout the legal process.
What to Look for in a Criminal Defense Lawyer
Finding the right Indianapolis criminal defense lawyer for your case will take some research. With your future on the line, it is important to ensure you’re selecting the lawyer and law firm best suited to your case.
Some of the most important things to look for in a criminal attorney are:
- Experience: How much experience does the attorney have? The more experienced, the better. For example, we have over 20 years of experience. In this time, our criminal lawyer has gotten to know the courts in Indianapolis and throughout Indiana like the back of his hand.
- Career history: Have they always practiced criminal defense law? Or are they only starting out? Having years of experience working as a defense attorney will be more useful in a criminal case than years spent practicing another area of the law. Our lawyer takes great pride in the fact that he has never worked as a prosecutor.
- Approach: How much time are they willing to spend on your case? Will they tailor your defense strategy to your situation? With us, you will be our top priority—we’ll do everything within our power to advocate for you.
- Awards and accolades: Have they won any awards over the years? Most legal awards and accolades are based on a peer review of a lawyer’s legal skills, compassion for their clients, ethics, and the like. Our award-winning attorney has fought hard for his clients and earned the respect of his peers along the way.
- Case results: Has the attorney won cases similar to yours? Make sure to check out their practice areas and results.
- Client testimonials: What do past clients have to say about the attorney? This is one of the most effective ways to find out whether an attorney is all talk or not. At Law Office of B.D. Williams, we are very honored by the glowing client testimonials we often receive.
Learn Your Rights in a Free Consultation with Our Experienced Indianapolis Attorney
Being charged with a crime is a serious matter, and you deserve to work with a lawyer who will fight tooth and nail for you.
We don’t just say we care; we actually do. In fact, our defense team is known for putting in the time and effort to get the best results possible.
Your selection of an Indianapolis criminal defense lawyer to handle your case may be one of the most important decisions you ever make. In all professions, experience matters and the field of law is no exception.
At the Law Office of B.D. Williams, our attorney has two decades of experience resolving all types of criminal charges, from domestic violence to drug crimes, DUI, theft crimes, weapon charges, and more.
Experience breeds excellence. Selecting an experienced and proven defender is what matters the most and is what you find at our firm.
- Your Initial Consultation Is Free & We're Available 24/7
- More Than 20 Years Of Legal Experience
- Aggressive Defense of Our Client's Rights
Couldn't ask for more!
“This guy is amazing and super friendly really takes the time to get to know you an is very thorough in explaining all the details.”Will J.
He genuinely cares
“He represents Justice and will do everything in his power to address the task at hand! He genuinely cares about your wellbeing and is there for you regardless the situation!”Austin M.
Words can’t even express the gratitude.
“He took the time to get to know my son and build a bond with him and myself and because of him and his dedication my son is now in work release and on his way home.”Tiffany E.